Business Development Representative (Stockholm)
As Grafana continues to grow we’re building our European sales team and are hiring Business Development Representatives based in our Stockholm office. This is a rare opportunity to join an early stage startup and take an instrumental role in helping to build the sales function. Just like our community, our Sales team aims to be hands-on, excited about new technology and deeply understand observability and time-series data. We’re strong proponents of a consultative sales approach - learn about the customer’s needs first before talking products. Your expertise will be critical in helping articulate the value of our products. You will work with the customer during the POC phase and hand off a strong relationship to our Account Executives and Customer Success Managers.
You will be a critical part of our entrepreneurial lead qualification team, responsible for the initial contact with the customer, understanding their needs and pitching Grafana. You will help to develop engagement plans for acquiring new accounts, identifying client opportunities, listening to client’s needs, discussing the impact of our technology and highlighting the benefits of Grafana Cloud and Grafana Enterprise.
As an open source project, Grafana has created a great deal of good will with our current users (and inbound leads), and as their first experience with Grafana Labs it is your job to impress them. Our team is dedicated to helping our customers, first and foremost.
- Manage the initial sales process identifying new business opportunities
- Respond to inbound sales leads/tickets working to qualify the lead - schedule meetings, understand the customer’s needs, identify key client decision makers
- Work with the wider Sales team to deliver qualified leads to Account Executives at the appropriate time in the sales cycle.
- Maintain up to date records with accurate and current customer and prospect information
- Accurately update and maintain the sales pipeline in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Assist the Sales Team by providing input on product acceptance, lost sales and sales planning
- Develop a strong understanding and ability to effectively convey the value of both GrafanaCloud and Grafana Enterprise acting as a subject matter expert of the Grafana products, competitive market and value proposition
Skills & Experience
- Hands-on experience in the tech space and previous start up experience would be an advantage
- Ideally, you have an independent interest in technology (or past experience with monitoring / visualization softwares) and want to put that to use.
- Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with high profile accounts
- A self starter happy to use their initiative to get things done and comfortable making decisions
- Ability to be creative, resourceful and autonomous in a start-up environment
- A team player willing to roll up your sleeves, work collaboratively and get stuck in to add value
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships with diverse clients
- Able to multitask and prioritize deadlines whilst continuing to demonstrate attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills with a demonstrated ability to close the sales cycle
- Salesforce.com or other CRM experience
- Flexible, responsibilities-driven, open-minded, honest work environment
- The hardware you need to get things done
- Possibility to travel and attend conferences
- Relaxed dresscode
- Compensation is a blend of base salary plus commissions, based on quota