Location: East coast USA preferred/other locations considered
We are looking for a Talent Manager to join our People Ops team to take responsibility for delivering our ambitious global headcount plans. The People Ops mission is to ensure we deliver a highly skilled, committed, successful and happy team and this role will play an integral part in the delivery of that work as we grow. One of our core values is ‘built better together’ and you will apply this to the growth of our team helping to ensure we maintain our strong culture and values as we grow.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help an ambitious tech startup meet our growth plans whilst also getting to work on some really interesting projects. You will take responsibility for the full lifecycle of both technical and non-technical international recruitment. In addition you will have the opportunity to partner with the VP People Ops to contribute to the delivery of projects focussed on recruitment processes, candidate experience, diversity and internal stakeholder recruitment training programs.
If you are an experienced recruiter, ready for a new challenge and enjoy making an impact, we’d love to hear from you!
- You will work alongside our Leadership team to deeply understand hiring requirements, hiring challenges, organisational structure and individual team dynamics
- You will be responsible for the end to end recruitment process covering the entire candidate experience from sourcing and headhunting through to offer stage
- You will be confident engaging passive candidates and utilising the team’s networks and technical experience to engage with candidates appropriately. You will be tasked with direct sourcing and keeping agency spend to a minimum.
- You will be required to work with a mix of both technical and commercial international teams
- You will have experience putting together role specific hiring and sourcing strategies using a broad range of channels including LinkedIn, Stack Overflow, Github, job boards, networking etc
- You will quickly be able to understand our key requirements and good cultural fit and help to screen candidates based on your strong understanding of what we value and our company culture
- You will help to champion diversity through our recruitment and work with the VP People Ops to build out a diversity hiring strategy for 2019 and beyond
- You will work closely with the VP People Ops to review and enhance our recruitment process and to develop and deliver a recruitment best practice training program to the internal team
What would make you a good fit for this role?
We’re a startup so your job duties will be varied and complex and will require strong judgement, collaboration and leadership. Initially this will be a standalone role and you will need to have the experience, drive and energy to hit the ground running working proactively and independently to deliver a first class recruitment service to the business and to candidates.
To be successful in this role you will have experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced global start-up. You will need excellent sourcing/research skills and have an ability to discover candidates for hard to fill requisitions through creative sourcing. It is essential that you have experience recruiting internationally in both Europe and the US.
You will have strong people and communication skills and will be adept at interacting with a variety of people at different levels and from different cultures and backgrounds.
At our core Grafana Labs is an open company. We believe that open source is the superior way to build and deliver software. We also believe in being open and transparent with our employees. We believe that transparency breeds trust and that trust is the foundation of great teamwork. We actively seek to break down silos, empower employees with information and allow people to “see the whole picture”. This transparency extends to our strategy, our financials, our successes and failures. We empower our team to make their own decisions and trust that they will try to do the right thing.
We are a remote first team. Our three founders are on three different continents and our team of 70+ global employees are based in 15+ different countries. Hiring remotely unlocks the broadest, most diverse, most talented pool of potential employees. It also means that we have built our culture around a flexible and autonomous work environment based on trust.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.