Backend Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced backend or systems developer to join our Grafana Cloud team.
* Our Grafana Cloud pipeline moves millions of datapoints per second from our customer's environments into a highly available, low-latency stack that processes and stores the data, and serves it to dashboards and alerting tools.
We aim to grow this to hundreds of millions per second, and it's critical that as we grow, we improve our performance, increase our reliability and do it all more efficiently. This requires a specific breed of engineer.
* Simultaneously, we're extending our product offering and building a similar infrastructure to process log data and tracing events. Many of the key properties here are the same as the metrics infrastructure and require people who can take projects from conception to production.
The Grafana Cloud platform brings in the majority of our revenue, so you have the opportunity to work on some very exciting, mission-critical software at the core of our business.
We have some of the best engineers from the monitoring space working on these problems and they want to work with you.
Our engineers are all remote and we don't really care where you work from, and while we provide guidance, we need people who can work independently and can communicate well.
We care deeply about open source and the projects generally are open source, though we're still developing our strategy.
We primarily use golang.
* familiar with any systems programming language like Go, C, C++ or Rust
* experience with network programming or distributed systems
* familiar with operations/SRE
* able to write clean, robust and performant software
* experience with Git
NICE TO HAVES:
* experience with the monitoring space in general (metrics, logging, tracing, observability)
* familiar with Graphite or Prometheus in particular
* performance oriented
* experience with Kubernetes / Kafka / Cassandra / Bigtable / syslog / opentracing or similar technologies.
- Flexible hours
- Flexible location (work from anywhere)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Generous vacation policy
- Help us change the world and overtake proprietary monitoring vendors with open source software.